You might be planning to do away with your Yahoo account from your Apple device if you had any issues including a lot of spam emails, the account being compromised before or simply because it isn’t used much. One of the reasons a number of Yahoo users have moved away to other email domains including Gmail and Outlook is the massive data breach reported for 2013 in which nearly 3 billion Yahoo accounts were compromised. Another reason could be that you don’t want to do away with the annoyance of having to delete a lot of spam emails in your Yahoo account. Whatever the reason might be, it is easier than ever to remove your Yahoo account or for that matter, any email account from your latest iPhone.
It would also help declutter your Mac OSX device or from iPhone and help access the relevant data with greater ease, enhancing overall efficiency and productivity as well. As far as that goes, it is pretty easy to remove any email account from your Apple device and it takes almost no time to complete the steps. It would also be a good idea to review which of the other email accounts you might still need configuring on your default mail app on the device.
How to Delete Email Accounts On iPhone from Default Mail App?
- Go to Settings in the default Apple Mail app.
- Scroll down to Mail and tap on it.
- Next, tap on Accounts. It will display a list of emails configured on the app.
- Choose your Yahoo mail account, it would show the account name, below which you would find icons for Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Notes, containing all the data on your Yahoo account. At the bottom of these options, you would see the option of Delete Account.
- You would get a prompt for confirmation of the deletion. Tap on Delete from My iPhone and you would delete the account along with all the associated data from your iPhone.
Next, we would consider deleting Yahoo mail account from MacOS X device which would be of help if you are using a desktop or laptop powered by Apple. However, one should make sure whether they want to remove the email account itself or simply want to remove all the emails from a specific email account on a Mac OS X device. Removing all emails from your Yahoo account would also be easy enough in default Apple Mail app but here, we would focus on how to remove the email account itself.
How to Remove Yahoo mail account from Mac OS X Device?
- Pull down the Apple menu and choose ‘System Preferences.’
- Choose ‘Internet Accounts.’
- Select your Yahoo mail account from the list of mail accounts configured on your Apple device.
- Once you select the email account to be deleted, simply look for (+) and (-) icons at the bottom of the screen and click on the (-) icon. Alternatively, you can also hit the Delete button on your keyboard.
- You will be prompted for confirmation with this ‘Are you sure you want to delete the account “…….@yahoo.com”?’ Below this you would see ‘Deleting this account will remove its data from Mail.’ You would be provided with the options to Cancel and OK. If you really want to delete the account, tap OK.
After this, your account would be deleted from the Mail app on your MacOS X device and you won’t be able to see it on the list of ‘Internet Accounts’ on your device. It should be remembered that removing your Yahoo account from Apple Mail app would remove all the associated emails along with any email account settings for the same. These same steps can also be followed to remove any email accounts from your Apple device and not just Yahoo mail accounts.
One important point to note is that these steps are only meant to delete the yahoo account from your Apple device and cannot delete the Yahoo account itself permanently. If you really feel the need to permanently delete your Yahoo account altogether, it would be best to approach Yahoo with the deletion request and you would help for same on Yahoo Help site. However, it is recommended to backup any user data before you may do so.